Job Openings at St. Thomas Aquinas Parish
We are an faith based organization always looking for qualified people to work with our incredible staff. Please email us if you are interested in working with our parish
The following information is a list of what current open employment positions are available.
St. Thomas Aquinas Parish – Receptionist / Front Desk
Receptionist / Front Desk Job Responsibilities:
Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring access to inner offices, issuing and logging of keys
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation. Assists with creating seasonal greetings for main parish line
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills & Supply Management
- Answer parish, ministry & event inquiries
- Call person waiting for visitor
- Coordinate correct mail flow in and out of office
- Collect and distribute deliveries, packages and parcels, communicates arrival to appropriate internal contact.
- Take and relay messages
- Maintain key check out and return process
- Maintain Mass Intention book and issue receipts
- Control & monitor visitor access to parish offices
- Computer Skills – Email, Parish Soft, Facilities Scheduling Software , creating letters & notices
- Update and maintain front desk resource tools, binders, logs and volunteer communication
- Assists business office with management & organization of office supply inventory
- Assists with general organization and cleanliness of office breakroom/ kitchen area
Covering for Pastors Assistant:
- Take physical messages for Pastor, call screening
- Assist with coordinating Funeral Arrangements working with Deacon and/ or Music & Liturgy Director.
- Schedule facilities for use by staff & ministries
- Coordinate Baptismal requests
- Prepare copies sacramental certificates and documentation
- Facilitating and coordinating a pool of receptionist volunteer team
- Clear Communication of needed coverage times and dates, confirming coverage
- Creation and implementation of professional systems & procedures at front desk for smooth operations when volunteers are covering
The receptionist reports to the Pastor’s Secretary. Additional Work assigned to receptionist should be cleared by the Pastor’s Secretary.
Interested candidates please fill out the application form below. Drop your application and resume at our Parish office: 1594 Sara Rd. SE Rio Rancho, NM 87124 – Suite F.
Please no calls.
Whether you’re a returning Catholic or new to Catholicism, we are glad you’re here. Joining St. Thomas Aquinas is more than just signing up, you become part of our active and prayerful parish sharing our life in Christ