Job Openings at St. Thomas Aquinas Parish
We are an faith based organization always looking for qualified people to work with our incredible staff. Please email us if you are interested in working with our parish
NOTICE of Employment Opportunity
St. Thomas Aquinas School is currently seeking candidates for the following position
Full Time Custodian
JOB DESCRIPTION PRIMARY DUTIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Job Type: Full Time position, Monday thru Friday with occasional weekends and some evenings
- Report to a Facilities Manager who is responsible for the direction of housekeeping services in the facility.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, classrooms, offices, gym, cafeteria, using established practices and procedures.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; refill restroom dispensers.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Assist with lunch each day, empty trays, help serve younger students.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within sixteen feet of buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds. Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, organizing and innovation.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary. Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Assist with inventory control and security. Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Enforce and support policies established by Archdiocese of Santa Fe Schools, St. Thomas Aquinas Parish & School. Perform related duties as required.
School Custodian Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent. Custodial experience or training is required. Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screening. Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Flexible schedule to suit the department needs of the School. Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the School. Complete required safety and insurance training.
Experience: custodial: 2 years (Preferred) Work authorization: United States (Preferred)
Please contact Connie Menicucci at 505 892-3221 for further questions.
Interested candidates please fill out the application form below. Drop your application and resume at our Parish office: 1594 Sara Rd. SE Rio Rancho, NM 87124 – Suite F.
All inquiries can be made to Connie Menicucci at 505 892-3221.
Whether you’re a returning Catholic or new to Catholicism, we are glad you’re here. Joining St. Thomas Aquinas is more than just signing up, you become part of our active and prayerful parish sharing our life in Christ