This maintenance steward position is full-time including weekends, holidays, evening hours and special events.
Entry level position focused on department support with facilities maintenance, cleaning, janitorial and grounds keeping work, use of some power and hand tools. Please apply in person with confidence Mon-Fri 9:45am- 5pm at the parish office. No calls please.SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled work in the cleaning and upkeep of properties; performs related duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Supporting the Maintenance Supervisor with tasks as assigned.
- General Cleaning.
- Basic up keep of interior and exterior of Parish properties.
- Moving and setting up tables and chairs.
- Seasonal set up, tear down, prop storage management.
- Basic landscaping and up keep.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Basic cleaning
- Ability to follow instruction & stay on task.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parish body, clergy & staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. St. Thomas Aquinas Parish promotes a drug/alcohol free work.
Employees are required to attend workplace Sexual Abuse training at the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
*Click below to download application. To apply for position email completed application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org