to New Life
The sacrament of Baptism is the beginning of life—supernatural life. The sacrament of Baptism not only gives us sanctifying grace, it also makes us adopted children of God and heirs of heaven.
Baptisms are every Sunday following the 12:30 p.m. Mass, the only exception is Easter. All requests for baptism along with the supporting documents need to be in the Parish office no later than the Tuesday before the Sunday you would like to have your child baptized.
STEPS TO HAVE YOUR CHILD BAPTIZED AT ST. THOMAS AQUINAS
- Choose Godparents
- Parents and Godparents must attend a Baptismal class
- Select a Baptism Name
- Contact Kathy Giron at 505-892-1511 and provide the following: Birth Certificate, Baptism Class Certificate and Godparents’ Affidavit
What is a God Parent?
A Godparent is a person chosen by the parents on the basis of example, good qualities and friendship with the responsibility of helping the parents to raise their child in the faith.
Requirements for Godparents:
- Be a Baptized member of the Catholic Church.
- Be a least 16 years of age.
- Have received the Sacraments of Holy Communion and Confirmation.
- Not be married outside of the Catholic Church, nor be living outside of marriage with someone
- Normally attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, receive the Sacrament of Penance (Confession) at least once a year, and go to Holy Communion at least once a year in the Easter Season.
- Be a registered member in good standing with a Catholic Parish.
How much is the Baptismal class for parents and Godparents?
When and Where is the Baptismal class held?
- First and third Saturdays of the month.
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Religious Education Building
- Participants are asked to bring a snack to share with the group